1. THIS NOTICE
This notice sets out the basis under which you apply to volunteer, and volunteer at, festivals listed upon our website located at www.festaff.co.uk (“festivals”). By applying to volunteer at a festival you accept and undertake to abide by the terms of this notice. In particular, this notice sets out what Festaff Limited (“we”, “our, “us”) can expect from you. Please read this notice carefully. If you do not understand any part of this notice please let us know.
Your application to volunteer at a festival may be accepted or rejected at our sole discretion. We do not guarantee that any application will be successful. We will try and let you know whether you have been successful at least one month prior to the festival, however sometimes it may be later if applications are late. It is a condition of this notice that you are able to provide services as a volunteer at the time you make your application and at the time you attend any festival as a volunteer.
3. OUR OBLIGATIONS TO YOU
We appreciate you volunteering. If we accept your application we will:
- provide you with a supportive environment;
- provide you with access to the festival for which your application has been accepted;
- provide you with space to camp at that festival within a designated area for volunteers, however please note that we will not provide any camping equipment, and you will not be entitled (and undertake not to) camp within any area other than that designated for volunteers;
- if required, provide you with space to park a car at that festival, however note you must park your car where told to on site, and any cars that are illegally or incorrectly parked will be towed and must be retrieved at your cost. A fine for incorrectly or illegally parked cars may also be levied, which you must pay. Please also note that the use of vehicles other than cars is allowed only with our prior written approval, and if you attempt to enter the festival without such approval your entry may be refused. In such an event you may be unable to carry out your activities and if so you will be in breach of this notice.
If we are unable to provide you with access to the festival you have been accepted to volunteer at, other than due to your act or omission, we will refund your deposit.
Please note that most events do not allow live-in vehicles or caravans for staff as there simply is not the room. Please contact Festaff prior to the event for confirmation and do not assume that you can arrive/stay in one.
4. YOUR OBLIGATIONS TO US
If we accept your application you will:
- attend the festival for which your application has been accepted;
- report to the person designated by us to manage your activities as a volunteer;
- follow all directions of that person, in respect of your volunteering, including as regards the times and locations at which you are to provide activities;
- remain on site for at least the entire duration for the festival;
- carry out any activities designated to you, to the best of your ability;
- not by act or omission cause any risk, loss or damage to any property or person;
- take good care of any property we give to you, and return the same to us on completion of your volunteering activities;
- behave in a reasonable manner at all times when at the festival, including by not causing annoyance to others – in particular, always try to be cheery, polite, and don’t use foul language;
- inform us at the time you make your application of any medical conditions.
- report to us any suspicious activities, and activities of any other volunteer or person you (acting reasonably) believe to be in breach of any obligation owed to us or the festival organiser;
- not bring into, or hold or consume at the festival any illegal substances;
- at all times comply fully with any rules, terms, policies and such like made available by the festival organiser, which shall take precedence over this notice. Where possible we will provide a link upon our website to the festival organiser’s website, upon which such rules, terms, policies and such like should be available; and
- not break the law.
We may link festival applications, that is to apply for one festival you must apply for another specified festival at the same time. If you breach this notice with respect to one festival, then we may terminate your volunteering arrangement with respect to the other festival on the basis of such breach.
To be a volunteer you must provide us with identification, when required by us, in accordance with the following.
You must provide a CURRENT passport or a FULL British driving licence (photo section). If you wish to present any other form of ID such as a provisional British driving licence this must be agreed with the Festaff managment team prior to arrival on site.
Student/ID cards, citizen cards, overseas driving licences, birth certificates or photocopies of any documentation are not acceptable.
You must also comply in full with our Festaff Volunteer Requirements.
We hope that you will find your volunteer experience enjoyable and rewarding.
5. INDUCTION AND TRAINING
We will provide, or arrange the provision of, induction training to you explaining what we do and how we work with volunteers and also to assist you to meet the standards we expect from volunteers. You must follow all directions given in such training. Training will take place on site at the event.
6. THE NATURE OF OUR RELATIONSHIP
If we accept your application your status will be that of a volunteer. Neither you nor we intend any employment relationship, nor any employment rights or worker rights to be created either now or at any time in the future as a result of you volunteering with us.
Volunteering is unpaid, and no expenses will be met or reimbursed.
To submit your application to volunteer you are required to pay a deposit and administration fee (the “deposit and fee”). The amount of the deposit and fee is set out on our website. Payments are made to us using our payment service provider. In making the payment you will be redirected to the website of our payment service provider. Our payment service provider’s website has separate terms. Please read these. If you do not understand any part of them please contact our payment service provider using the means of contact set out in those terms.
If you successfully complete your volunteering, without breaching this notice , we will return your deposit to you.
8. YOUR INFORMATION
9. CONSEQUENCES OF BREACH
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU BREACH THE TERMS OF THIS NOTICE:
- WE MAY TERMINATE YOUR RIGHT TO VOLUNTEER WITH US AT ANY AND ALL FESTIVALS;
- IF YOU ARE AT A FESTIVAL, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO LEAVE THE FESTIVAL SITE AND RETURN ANY PASS OR OTHER ITEM ALLOWING ACCESS;
- WE MAY REPORT DETAILS OF YOUR IDENTITY AND BREACH TO FESTIVAL OPERATORS, THE POLICE OR ANY OTHER PERSON RELEVANT;
- YOU SHALL BE LIABLE TO COMPENSATE US FOR OUR LOSS. YOU MAY ALSO BE LIABLE TO THIRD PARTIES BY REASON OF YOUR ACTS OR OMISSIONS.
NOTHING IN THIS NOTICE IS INTENDED TO, OR SHALL, LIMIT YOUR LIABILITY TO US OR TO THIRD PARTIES.
IF WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH ACCESS TO THE FESTIVAL FOR WHICH YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED TO REFUNDING YOUR DEPOSIT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO MAKE ANY OTHER PAYMENT TO YOU, FOR EXAMPLE DUE TO CANCELLATION OF TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS.
IF YOU DO NOT ATTEND A FESTIVAL FOR WHICH WE HAVE ACCEPTED YOUR APPLICATION, OR DO NOT CARRY OUT ACTIVITIES REQUIRED OF YOU WHILST AT THAT FESTIVAL, WE MAY RETAIN YOUR DEPOSIT TO COMPENSATE US FOR OUR LOSS.
YOU MUST TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN PROPERTY WHILST AT THE FESTIVAL. WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY VEHICLES OR PERSONAL BELONGINGS LOST/STOLEN/DAMAGED ON SITE.
In the course of providing your volunteering services, you may have access to confidential information relating to Festaff Limited or our clients, including specific event or festival details. We expect you not to use or disclose this information to any person either during your volunteering experience with us or at any time afterwards.