Welcome to the Festaff forum. You will need to log in or register to post or create threads

L

Liv

Hello,
My first BST so very excited to attend Adele and The Stones.
Any advice, suggestions?
BST Newbie
C

Ceri

Hi. I've been doing BST for years. Bring a reusable water bottle with you. The little fold up ones are great as you can stick them in your pocket at the end of the shift so. Although you can stay in the shade most of the time, it can still get hot so stay hydrated, the last thing you want is the headache at the end of the day stopping you from enjoying the evening. And the opposite end of the spectrum a fold up poncho can come in handy! I bring lunch with me as the food is the usual festival prices and you might not get a long enough break to queue for food (although some stalls are helpful if you flash your staff wristband), then I treat myself to something from the stalls at the end. The staff are always great and it's a really enjoyable festival to work at
A

Ally

Thanks Ceri, this is helpful. I am hoping for decent weather! I see we shouldn't bring backpacks but would a small backpack generlaly be ok to bring lunch and hold some essentials?
C

Ceri

I tend to bring a bumbag/small crossover bag for essentials, then just bring my food in a carrier or tote bag that I can stick in my small bag once it's empty. I'm sure a mini backpack/drawstring bag will be fine too, I've seen people with them before. It's just because there isn't much space to put things so they don't want everyone bringing big backpacks
W

Wendy

Hi, I'm new too. I'm doing Pearl Jam and Duran Duran. I'm trying to find cheap accomodation near by - any suggestions?
W

Wendy

Hi, I'm new too. I'm doing Pearl Jam and Duran Duran. I'm trying to find cheap accomodation near by - any suggestions?
W

Wendy

M

Marina Stepanenko

Hi, I am new as well and was wondering whether we can get "closer" to the stage with our staff-wristbands, meaning into the section where usually security stands? Just because I expect it to be quite full in front of the stage by the time we are allowed to bring ourselves "into position" ^^