Welcome to the Festaff forum. You will need to log in or register to post or create threads

Best way to get to glasto

A

AmberGlasto

Hi me and my 2 friends have booked a train from London to castle Cary for the Monday, has anyone done this in previous years? will we be able to just get a taxi to the site? As we are all under 25 hiring a car proved very expensive so public transport was our only option as we thought it would be very difficult to find 3 spaces in a car coming from Yorkshire
s

suzyt

Hey amber I’m also getting the train from London to castle Cary! I’ve read that a staff shuttle runs on Mondays but unsure where it would drop us. Maybe we can all prebook and share a big taxi together? More bodies, less money :) What time you arriving at the station? I’m on +447968782826 if WhatsApp is easier x
k

karenv

Hi all
We are also travelling by train. Detailed info on arrival should be sent soon. Not sure about a staff shuttle, but we should be able to get a taxi to the area where those driving arrive. Might be quite expensive, so sharing a larger vehicle would be best 😊
K

Kim

Hi There are shuttle buses but they do not go where we need to be and are miles from our camp. You will need to get a taxi. There are plenty of taxis. I will be solo and hoping to jump in with others on the day to share costs. Hope this helps :)
s

suzyt

Cool thanks for clarifying Kim! My train is booked and arriving at 215, any of you gals arrive around then too? X
A

AmberGlasto

This has definitely cleared things up! My 2 friends and I get into castle Cary at 12:15 quite early as this was the best connection from York does anyone else get in around this time and we can share a big taxi?
B

Bethh07

Hiyaa,
I am travelling alone and am also getting the train to Castle Cary and then getting a taxi. My train gets in at about 15:30 and wondered if anyone else was getting in about that time and wanted to share taxi costs x