Welcome to the Festaff forum. You will need to log in or register to post or create threads

Volunteering!

H

Harrietlois

Anyone going Kendall this year???
K

Kim

Hi,
yes I'm going, this will be my 3rd year it's a great festival 😎
K

Kim

Hi,
yes I'm going, this will be my 3rd year it's a great festival 😎
H

Harrietlois

I've never been Kendall or volunteered before! Going on my own so I'm excited to see how it is!
N

Natalie

Hi Harriet I’ve been to Kendal before but I’m volunteering for the first time..on my own too! I’m sure you will have a great time!
N

Natalie

Hi Kim, my first time as a volunteer. What facilities are on the staff campsite? And I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that you get meals on shift is that right? Thanks
H

Harrietlois

You too! It’s nice to know I won’t be the only one going at it for the first time in my own! Haha
K

Kim

Hi Natalie, there is a kettle so you can make brews, porridge, noodles etc. There are power points for battery charging, showers on site, use when free. You get free meal voucher when u r on shift. You can use these when u want at any food venue. Hope this helps, I'm going solo as well. See you there xx
H

Harrietlois

Do you know what day we'll be expected to be at the festival??? tryna sort out some travel! x
D

Dougie Law

This will be my first Kendall calling .
Ill be driving down from Glasgow.
Anyone want a lift? I have room for up to 2.
Alternatively, anyone able to offer me a lift? Who else is coming from Scotland?
Thanks
Dougie
K

Kaffy B

I'm also on my own ! Glad to see there's a few ladies going alone !
Hey guys !!!

Is anyone driving to Kendal Calling going past Manchester/Salford and willing to take a reject who can’t drive ??
Obviously petrol money will be provided !!
Thanks !!
Kathryn 😊
H

Holly

Hi I volunteered last year on my own and am back again myself this year .You'll love it as long as your well prepared lol . last year I wasn't. We had to arrive the Wednesday last year to book shifts .See you there
J

Jo D

Hi Harriet this will be our third year - it's a great festival you will love it - everyone is so friendly!
Not all traders accept the food vouchers but a lot do - it's a case of asking around. You will meet plenty of people in the camping field before and after your shifts too.
;-)
Jo x
K

Kaffy B

By unprepared what do you mean ? I'm already shitting it as usually my bf sets the tent up and deals with all that so if you see a collapsed heap it's probably me :D
Hey guys !!!

Is anyone driving to Kendal Calling going past Manchester/Salford and willing to take a reject who can’t drive ??
Thanks !!
Kathryn 😊
K

Kaffy B

By unprepared what do you mean ? I'm already shitting it as usually my bf sets the tent up and deals with all that so if you see a collapsed heap it's probably me :D
(just replied to my own post somehow, a good start....)
Holly wrote:
Hi I volunteered last year on my own and am back again myself this year .You'll love it as long as your well prepared lol . last year I wasn't. We had to arrive the Wednesday last year to book shifts .See you there

Your reply here
Hey guys !!!

Thanks !!
Kathryn 😊
W

Wilf

First time at Kendal Calling - heard it's amazing and really looking forward to a great atmosphere and fab camaraderie amongst us volunteers. Great line up too and memories to be made. See you there!.............. (the forecast is sunny btw) :-)

J

Jason

Hey, I’m coming to work here for the first time. I think I’m a wristband steward. Anyone done this before? Will I have to work through the night at all?
look forward to meeting you all!!
W

Wilf

Hi Holly, you said you weren't well prepared last year. Just wondering what tips you have for us all to be better prepared? Thanks!
A

Amy Fennell

Hey, same for me, I've never been to Kendall before and I'm volunteering alone :D
A

Amy Fennell

Is anyone traveling from/near Leeds that I could potentially get a lift share with? It would be hugely appreciated :D
R

RichardH

Hey. Does anybody know how much alcohol/ food we can take in ? I’ve check on the festival website but it doesn’t really say anything. I mean it says “reasonable “ 😄
C

Cristina

Hey guys! I am also travelling solo, and it's my first time at Kendall! Mega excited! I am travelling from Todmorden and if anyone is calling past there, i would love to chip in on a lift! My name is Cristina and my jumber is 07729142920 of you want to watsapp me! :-)
Looking forward to meeting new people! only 2 weeks to go!!!!
D

Dougie Law

Dougie Law wrote:
This will be my first Kendall calling .
Ill be driving down from Glasgow.
Anyone want a lift? I have room for up to 2.
Alternatively, anyone able to offer me a lift? Who else is coming from Scotland?
Thanks
Dougie

lift to Kendal calling from Glasgow available for 2 people. Wednesday to Monday
dougie