Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts 2020
Date: 24 - 28 Jun 2020
Location: Worthy Farm, Pilton
Type of Event: Music festival
Date/time required on site:
By 6pm on Monday 22 Jun 2020
Required on site until: 8pm on Sunday 28 Jun 2020
Access: You will be given a wristband entitling you to access the festival site for your volunteer role and to enjoy the event. NB No food allowance will be made at this event.
Shifts required: Training on site, plus minimum 3 x 8 hour volunteer shifts or equivalent over 6 days. You are also required to fulfil your volunteering position at another 'sister event' (Please see below for further info).
Shifts patterns: Shifts will be allocated on site - Wednesday to Sunday
Roles available: Gate Steward/Wristbander
GLASTONBURY APPLICATIONS – we are not currently accepting any applications for 2020.
Invitations to apply will be sent out to those who qualify to apply. Invites are for named person only. You must select a sister event to partner your Glastonbury 2020 application. This must be chosen when you apply for Glastonbury.
Any places that are open to the public will go live on 1st March 2020.
Glastonbury have asked us to take a deposit of £240 in line with their own volunteer guidelines and ticket price. This deposit must be paid on application. The admin fee for this show to just £15 in line with all the other camping shows. £225 will be returned (after both Glastonbury and sister events are completed).
You will be required on site from around 5pm on Monday 22nd June until around 8pm on Sunday 28th June 2020. You will be required to work 3 x 8 hours shifts plus training/set up over 6 days these could be midnight – 8am, 8am – 4pm, and 4pm – midnight. These shifts will be on gate duties and you should get a couple of these out of the way before the main stage fires up!
NB. All those who have supported us at two events (Excluding APE of BST), or more, the previous summer will qualify for an invite and we will select successful candidates from there. If you are lucky enough to be successful this year and secure a spot at Glastonbury with us and complete your sister event also, you will receive an invite for 2021.
No cash/bond will be paid back at the event – any all refunds of bonds will be done electronically post event.
** IMPORTANT **
Linking your Glastonbury application with a sister event:
You must select a sister event to partner your 2020 Glastonbury application. You can link any other event on the Festaff calendar - except the BST Hyde Park or All Points East shows. Once a sister event is selected it cannot be swapped to another event.
Please read all this information carefully.
* All applications must be linked with a sister event.
* You must apply for both your chosen sister event & Glastonbury at the same time.
* You must plan and make your own way to and from the events.
* There is no food allowance at this event.
* You will need to cancel or decline your offer 5 weeks or more before the first day you are required on site in order to receive a refund..
* All deposits will be returned once Glastonbury AND the sister event have been completed. If the sister event is not completed, the deposit and admin fee for both events will be withheld.
* IDs will be checked on arrival to site to concur with details held by Festaff.
* ID must be a current passport, a full UK driving licence, or agreed ID with Festaff Management.
* No ID, wrong ID, person not on list = no festival. No exceptions.
* You must arrive on site between 2pm-7pm on Monday 22nd June. Free staff car park passes will be issued on arrival.
* There will be a staff meeting on the evening of Monday 22nd June that all all staff must attend. Anyone not there for any reason or under the influence will be sent home immediately.
*All volunteer shifts will be allocated on site
A small number of campervans are permitted for volunteers at this event but only with the prior agreement of the Festaff management team. Please email us via contact page with any requests. We will require the make, model, reg, occupancy and size – L, W, H. No confirmation from Festaff, no campervan on site. First come first served.
Applications are open for
Volunteering at festivals
We offer a range of light and enjoyable posts at over 20 of the UK’s premier events. Whether a wristbander, event ambassador, steward or info point personnel, you will be part of a team helping to stage Britain’s leading festivals and have loads of fun whilst doing so.
Over the past 15 years we’ve grown to work with over 30 of the UK’s leading musical events. Your hard work has continued to open doors for us and our clients currently include Glastonbury, BST Hyde Park, Kendal Calling, CarFest, Bloodstock, Isle of Wight Festival, Boomtown and many more.
We have put together an information pack with some useful hints, tips and tricks to help make your time with Festaff as enjoyable as we possibly can. Please read through this information carefully before making your way to an event so you‘ve got the low-down.