Jobs at Glastonbury Festival 2017
GLASTONBURY APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
If you want to be a part of our onsite team at Glastonbury Festival we are asking you to assist us at another event this summer. There are many different events to choose from in a wide range of locations across the UK (please see list below). Support us at both Glastonbury 2017 and your chosen sister event and we will invite you back to the next Glastonbury! You'll never have to get up early and face the ticket-hunting nightmare ever again - we'll contact you with an offer of a place!
You can choose to link any of the following events when applying to Glastonbury 2017:
Common People (Southampton and Oxford), Isle of Wight Festival, Love Supreme, Rewind (Scotland, North and South), Kendal Calling, Camp Bestival, V North, CarFest (North and South), Standon Calling, Belladrum, Bloodstock Open Air, Creamfields, Bestival, Carnival 56, We Are FSTVL, Bluedot.
Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts 2017
Date: 21 - 25 Jun 2017
Location: Worthy Farm, Pilton
Type of Event: Music festival
Date/time required on site:
By 6pm on Monday 19 Jun 2017
Required on site until: 8pm on Sunday 25 Jun 2017
Access: You will be given a wristband entitling you to access the festival site for your volunteer role. NB No food allowance will be made at this event.
Shifts required: Training on site, plus minimum 3 x 8 hour volunteer shifts or equivalent over 6 days. You are also required to fulfil your volunteering position at another 'sister event' (Please see below for further info).
Shifts patterns: Shifts will be allocated on site. You will not be required to leave the festival site whilst not volunteering.
Roles available: Gate Steward/Wristbander
GLASTONBURY APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Please read all this information carefully.
* All applications must be linked with a sister event. See below for full list of events.
* You must apply for both your chosen sister event & Glastonbury at the same time, when we open up Glastonbury applications. (Do not apply for your sister event in advance, you won't be able to select it with Glastonbury when we open applications).
* You must plan and make your own way to and from the events (please make sure you plan your travel carefully for both events before you apply to Glastonbury & your chosen sister event).
* There is no food allowance at this event, you must provide your own.
* Deposit amount is £170, plus a £30 non-refundable admin fee (£200 total).
* All deposits will be returned once Glastonbury AND the sister event have been completed. If the sister event is not completed, the deposit and admin fee for both events will be withheld.
* IDs will be checked on arrival to site to concur with details held by Festaff.
* ID must be a current passport, a full UK driving licence, or agreed ID with Festaff Management.
* No ID, wrong ID, person not on list = no festival. No exceptions.
* We will be thoroughly checking all IDs against our database and if they don’t match you will simply be turned away.
* You must arrive on site between 2pm-6pm on Monday 19th June. Free staff car park passes will be issued on arrival.
* The staff meeting will be at 9am on Tuesday 20th June; all staff must be at this meeting. Anyone not there for any reason or under the influence will be sent home immediately.
* All volunteer shifts will be allocated on site; please do not send in requests beforehand.
* You are welcome to stay in the staff campsite on the Sunday night and will be required to leave site by noon on Monday 26th June... sorry, no extensions to this!
** IMPORTANT **
Linking your Glastonbury application with a sister event:
As we have already mentioned, if you wish to be on our Glastonbury 2017 volunteer team we are asking you to assist us at another event in 2017 aswell. You can link any other event on the Festaff calendar except the BST Hyde Park shows. Check out each event page via the "Festival Info" tab at the top of this page for individual sister event requirements.
You can choose to link any of the following events when applying to Glastonbury 2017: Common People (Southampton and Oxford), Isle of Wight Festival, Love Supreme, Rewind (Scotland, North and South), Kendal Calling, Camp Bestival, V North, CarFest (North and South), Standon Calling, Belladrum, Bloodstock Open Air, Bestival, Carnival 56, We Are FSTVL.
Once a sister event is selected it cannot be swapped to another event.
Please note: once on site at Glastonbury Festival you are required to be on volunteer shift where and when required by the Music Festival promoter and Festaff management. You will be advised as far as possible of volunteer shift patterns, etc. in advance of the music festival but we cannot be 100% accurate of all that is required until on site. Please bear this in mind.
Please be aware that demand for positions is likely to be high.
Applications are open for
Volunteering at festivals
We offer a range of light and enjoyable posts at over 25 of the UK’s premier events. Whether a wristbander, event ambassador, steward or info point personnel, you will be part of a team helping to stage Britain’s leading festivals and have loads of fun whilst doing so.
Festivals we do
Over the past 15 years we’ve grown to work with over 25 of the UK’s leading musical events. Your hard work has continued to open doors for us and our clients currently include Glastonbury, V Festival, BST Hyde Park, Kendal Calling, CarFest, Isle Of Wight, Bestival and many more.
We have put together an information pack with some useful hints, tips and tricks to help make your time with Festaff as enjoyable as we possibly can. Please read through this information carefully before making your way to an event so you‘ve got the low-down.